Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Maternity sessions are a great way to document this beautiful time in your life as you’re becoming a mother.
We offer Bumps to Bundles sessions whether this is simply maternity or on to the baby shower, birthing and once your bundle of joy finally arrives.
Once you have decided YES I want to document this special time give us a call and lets get you booked. Ideally I like to get your sessions done sometime between 30-36 weeks before you become too uncomfortable yet are definitely showing. I go as early as 30 weeks because as someone that had preterm complications I understand babies have their own timelines or life decides for us when the NOW time is going to happen. I do want to be sure you are far enough along to really have a baby bump to show too.
If you are wanting a newborn session with us it is best to let us know as soon as baby is born so we can get you scheduled in. Newborn sessions are done within the first 10 days. If you have a scheduled c-section then its best to just get an appointment set.
What to Wear??
LOL for we as women this is a hard enough decision sometimes....Let alone for such an important photo session as while you are in waiting. Obviously you want beautiful. A full length Maternity session can be 2-3 hrs long you want to be comfortable, you want these photos to be YOU so first and foremost make sure you are comfortable to the extreme in what ever you choose.
If needed I can refer HMUA
The Maxi Dress.... Comfort for one and Dramatic for amazing options in photos
A Belt. A great way to accentuate that beautiful belly of yours is to wear a belt
Solid Colors. ...main focus is your bump
Tight Clothing. ...If comfortable...showing off your gorgeous pregnant body curves
Go Timeless. ...You don't want to date yourself 20yrs from now- great option for this could be jeans, and a simple top and a pair of cute boots.
Textured Clothing. ...ie lace dress or textured sweater
Have 2 Outfits...Casual and dressy...more if you prefer but remember you don't want to tire yourself out too much.
A FEW TIPS Outlined
1. Take your photos between 30-36 weeks.
2. For outdoor shoots I prefer the "golden hour" which is approx 30mins-1hr before the sun sets or rises. Having an overcast sky is best, I know many are shocked when I say that but it is a photographers dream day for the best lighting for your images but as photographers we learn to work in most any lighting we are given.
3. I suggest to my clients...Look thru Pinterest boards and make one of your own, send me screenshots or link to your board we will be referring to the board throughout your shoot to make sure you have all the poses that you want captured.
4. Practice your poses in front of a mirror by yourself and with your spouse. This will put you both at ease for the day of your photoshoot!
5. Have a little snack before your session. You’ll be working hard maybe even bring something along to nibble on in case! 6. Lay everything out the night before to be sure nothing is missing or forgotten 7. I trully am here to answer your questions! Call, email, text or message – If I am away from my phone or with a client ....I promise to get back to you ASAP!